There are endless variations on this tasty sandwich. Add a tossed salad and you’ve got a delicious weeknight meal that the whole family will enjoy!
- 1 boule (round loaf) peasant bread
- 2 Tbsp virgin olive oil or grapeseed oil (best choice for high heat cooking)
- ½ cup (118ml) Rootham's Chardonnay Apple-Cranberry Chutney or Stonewall Kitchen Apple-Cranberry Chutney
- 12 oz (340gr) shaved turkey
- 4 oz (113gr) Havarti cheese, sliced
- 4 oz (113gr) arugula or baby spinach
Cut 8 slices of bread. Brush one side of each slice of bread with oil; the oiled side becomes the outside. Spread chutney on the inside of four of the slices. Layer with turkey, then havarti, and finally arugula or spinach. Top with remaining slices of bread, oiled side out.
Heat the sandwich in a panini press until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted.
If you don’t have a panini press, use a grill pan, pressing the sandwich down with a spatula to achieve grill marks. Flip the sandwich halfway through and continue to press lightly until done.
Allow sandwiches to cool very slightly before slicing so that the cheese is gooey but doesn’t all run out.
Here are other panini suggestions from Perth Pepper & Pestle:
- Prosciutto, Fontina cheese & Balsamic Fig Pepper Jelly on Rosemary Foccacia
- Sundried tomato pesto, Monterrey Jack and Roasted Garlic Pepper Jelly on garlic bread
- Ham, smoked Gouda and Horseradish Black Peppercorn Jelly on pumpernickle
- Calabrese salami, Provolone and Smokey El Paso Jelly on cheddar bread
- Brie, basil pesto and Spicy Bombay Jelly on cranberry walnut bread
- Grilled Cajun chicken, Mozzarella and Raspberry Chipotle Pepper Jelly on ciabatta bread
- Lentil pate, arugula, chopped walnuts and Curry Mustard on ancient grains bread