This is a great make-ahead salad and will keep well for a day or two. You can also use it as a filling for soft tacos or mixed with eggs for a frittata.
- 1½ cups uncooked rice
- 1 can (540ml/10oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 small can (341ml) corn, drained
- ½ red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro or parsley, minced
- 1 cup Garlic Expressions Vinaigrette or Stonewall Kitchen Cilantro Lime Dressing
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 - 2 dashes hot sauce to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
Cook the rice according to package directions; allow to cool when done. Toss rice with black beans, corn, bell pepper, and cilantro or parsley.
Whisk together the Italian dressing, lemon juice, cumin, and hot sauce. Pour over rice mixture and toss thoroughly.
Chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Just before serving, season with salt and pepper to taste, tossing to blend evenly.
Serve this with grilled chicken and Buttermilk Mexican Corn Bread