This is great on multi-grain or sourdough bread, rolled up in a wrap, or on English muffins topped with melted cheese. You can also serve it as an appetizer spread with crackers.
Makes approximately 2 cups.
- 2 cans (156gr each) chicken, drained
- ½ red bell pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 2 green onions, finely sliced
- 2 Tbsp The Pickle Guy Goop or light mayo
- 2 Tbsp fresh squeezed lime juice
- 2 tsp The Epicentre True North by SW seasoning blend
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp chipotle powder
- ⅛ tsp lime zest
- pinch salt to taste
- dash hot sauce, optional
In a bowl, break up the canned chicken with a fork. Add the bell pepper, green onion, Goop or mayo, and lime juice, mixing well. Add the True North, cumin, chipotle powder, and lime zest, continuing to mix well. Cover and refrigerate allowing the flavours to meld. Just before serving, season to taste with salt and hot sauce, stirring to mix in. Use on sandwiches, grilled panini with Monterrey Jack cheese, or in tortilla wraps.