Serves 4 - 6
- 1½ lbs (680gr) pork tenderloin
- salt & pepper
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded and sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, cored, seeded and sliced
- 1 medium sweet onion, peeled and diced
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 cup Stonewall Kitchen Pineapple Ginger Sauce
- cooked Jasmine or Basmati rice for serving
- ½ cup pineapple chunks
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
Cut the pork tenderloin into 1 inch (2.5cm) thick medallions. Pound pork between plastic wrap or waxed paper to ½" thickness. Season with salt and pepper.
Head oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown pork medallions until cooked through, turning once, about 4 mins. per side. Remove pork to a plate; set aside and lightly tent with foil to keep warm.
Add bell peppers and onions to the pan and sauté until just tender. Sprinkle the vegetables with brown sugar and pour Pineapple Ginger Sauce over top. Stir until well combined.
Return pork to the pan, and the pineapple, if using; heat through, about 5 - 8 mins.
Spread the rice on a serving platter. Arrange pork medallions, vegetables, and pineapple on top of the rice. Pour the sauce over top and garnish with cilantro, if desired. Serve immediately.
If you like to spice things up even more, mango hot sauces go great with this dish.
Check out other recipes from Stonewall Kitchen.