Most of the “spicy” in this recipe comes from raw garlic and ginger which can impart a lot of zip along with flavour. Place beef or chicken breasts in the marinade whole or pre-sliced for stir-fry. Make note of the marinating times for the different meats.
This makes enough marinade for around 1 lb/450gr grilling steak, chicken breast, thigh or hind quarter, or shrimp.
- ⅓ cup O Yuzu Rice Wine Vinegar or ¼ cup rice wine vinegar + 2 Tbsp
- 2 Tbsp La Tourangelle Toasted Sesame Oil
- juice and grated zest of 1 lemon
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2-inch piece peeled ginger, thinly sliced
- ⅛ tsp red pepper flakes, optional
- dash salt & pepper
Mix all marinating ingredients in a zip lock bag. Add chicken or beef. Gently toss until well mixed. Let beef or chicken marinate in the fridge 2 to 24 hours (only 2 - 4 hrs if using chicken breasts; no more than 45 mins if using shrimp). Remove meat from marinade wiping any slices of ginger and garlic from the meat and discard marinade. Grill or stir-fry meat until done.
Serve with grilled or stir-fried veggies and rice.