This appetizer is made easy by using Skillet Bacon Spread which is rendered bacon slowly cooked with balsamic caramelized onions. The Skillet Street Food folks have done all the time consuming work to give us a decadent condiment made with high quality ingredients. You can make this recipe up to a day in advance and it’s a great entertaining dish any time of year.
It’s rich, so a little goes a long way. Adjust the quantity as desired.
- ½ cup (4 oz/113gr) Skillet Bacon Spread
- ½ cup (4 oz/113gr) cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 strip bacon, crisped and finely crumbled
- thinly sliced green onion, green parts only
- small spreader knife
- oat crackers, Breton crackers, wheat thins, seedy gluten-free crackers
- bland rice or water crackers aren’t as tasty with this pate
- the pate can also be spread into ribs of celery
In a bowl, mix together the Bacon Spread and cream cheese until well blended. Stir in sliced green onions. Transfer to an attractive serving dish like a 1-cup ramekin. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for a minimum of one hour or up to one day.
Remove from refrigerator 20 mins. before serving. Garnish with some of the crumbled bacon and green onion, if desired.
The pate holds well at room temperature up to 2 hours. Cover and return any leftovers to the fridge after 2 hours.
Try using this pate as a spread for sandwiches, bagels, wraps, pinwheel roll-ups, stuffing for chicken breasts, pork loins, or filo triangles.