- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 handfull of fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- juice of one each, lemon, lime, and orange
- ¼ cup grape seed oil
- ¼ cup sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- ¼ tsp cayenne
- ¼ tsp freshly ground pepper
- ½ lb (225gr) raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- sesame seeds for garnish
Place all of the ingredients in a large resealable plastic bag. Smoosh around to coat the shrimp well. Marinate in the refrigerator 1 - 3 hours. If you leave them in the mariande much longer, the acid in the citrus will "cook" the shrimp and make them tough.
Remove the shrimp from the marinade and discard the marinade. Either sauté the shrimp in a non-stick pan over medium-high heat or skewer them and grill on the barbecue. Garnish with sesame seeds.
Serve on their own as an appetizer, atop a bed of asian dressed greens as a salad, or tossed with soba noodles and stir-fry vegetables for a main course.
For more recipes featuring toasted sesame oil, visit La Tourangelle.