- 1½ lbs (680gr) small white potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 cucumber, peeled, split, seeded and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 3 oz (85gr) Feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 Tbsp Stonewall Kitchen Roasted Garlic Mustard or homemade garlic mustard (*)
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 4 Tbsp garlic infused oil or extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 2 Tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
- salt & pepper to taste
Place potatoes in a large pot, cover with water and bring to a boil over high heat. Add some salt and continue cooking until potatoes are just tender when pierced with a knife. Begin testing around 8 minutes. Times will vary with the size of the potatoes. Drain and let cool. When cool, cut into fourths or eighths. Combine cucumber, pepper, onion and Feta cheese with potatoes in a large bowl.
Whisk mustard and vinegar together in a small bowl. In a slow stream, whisk oil into mixture to form an emulsion. Stir in basil and parsley. Pour dressing over salad; toss to blend, then season with salt and pepper. Serve at once.
Homemade Roasted Garlic Mustard
Preheat oven to 325°F/163°C (you can also use your BBQ and roast the garlic over indirect heat while grilling other items). Cut off the very tip of a head of garlic. This makes it easier to squeeze out when done. Make a double-thickness foil pouch about twice a large as the head of garlic. Place the garlic upright in the centre, drizzle with 1 Tbsp of grapeseed or virgin olive oil and sprinkle with a pinch of slat. Fold the foil up over the garlic; double roll and crimp the edges securely. Roast until garlic is soft and golden inside, about 1 hour. Squeeze out the garlic into a small bowl. Add 3 Tbsp of dijon mustard and blend with a fork or the back of a spoon until smooth. Keep in the fridge for up to four days.