- 1½ lbs (680gr) of one of the following:
- salmon fillet cut into 4 pieces
- chicken breasts pounded out into an even ½" thickness
- pork loin cut into 1" thick medallions, pounded to an even ½" thickness
- vegetable oil (canola, grapeseed)
- salt & pepper
- For the relish:
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp diced red onion, ¼" (.5cm) dice
- 2 Tbsp diced red bell pepper, ¼" (.5cm) dice
- ¼ cup edamame, shelled
- ¼ cup corn kernels
- ¼ cup canned black beans, rinsed
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ⅓ cup Stonewall Kitchen Pineapple Ginger Sauce
Preheat oven to 400°F/205°C.
If using salmon, line a baking sheet with foil. Brush salmon fillets with oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 10 minutes, or until the cnetre is opaque in the centre.
If using chicken or pork, heat oil in a heavy bottom skillet over medium-high heat. Season chicken or pork with salt and pepper. Brown in the pan on both sides until the meat begins to gain some golden colouring. Transfer the meat to a baking sheet and finish cooking in the oven until cooked through, about 20 mins.
TIP: Use an instant read thermometer to ensure your meat is perfectly cooked. Chicken should register 165°F/74°C and pork should read 145°F/62°C.
While the fish or meat is cooking, prepare the relish. Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a skillet over medium-high heat (same skillet used for chicken or pork). Add onion, red bell pepper, and edamame and sauté until tender. Add corn, black beans, and garlic and sauté 2 to 4 minutes more. Turn heat down to medium and add Pineapple Ginger Sauce. Heat through, stirring gently.
Remove fish or meat from the oven and arrange on a serving platter. Spoon relish over top and serve with rice or seasonal vegetables.
For more recipes, visit Stonewall Kitchen