- Lots of Your Favourite Veggies
- Garlic Expressions Vinaigrette or The Garlic Box Apple Cider Vinaigrette
- Large double boiler with steamer insert
- turnip, cut into sticks
- zucchini, cut into sticks
- red, orange, yellow red bell pepper strips
- whole water chestnuts, canned, drained
- peeled or pickled garlic cloves
- olives - black, green, Mediterranean, mixed
- raw or pickled jalapeños, cut into strips or rings
- whole pepperoncini or cherry peppers
- broccoli florets
- sugar snap peas
- green and/or yellow string beans
- edamame/soy beans (shell after blanching)
- mushrooms - (blanching the mushrooms keeps them from shriveling up), brush the dirt off and cut the stiff ends of stems
- cauliflower florets
- carrot sticks or coins
To blanch a variety of veggies, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Have large bowl of ice water sitting at the ready. Work with one vegetable variety at a time. Drop into the boiling water for 2 - 4 mins until colour is bright; lift out with a slotted spoon into the ice bath to halt cooking. As the next variety of veggies drops into the hot water, transfer the previous from ice water to a colander to drain. Replenish ice as it melts.
While the big pot of water is on the boil, place steamer insert over water. Steam each vegetable variety until just al dente. Drop in ice bath as before.
After all the vegetables are prepared, thoroughly drained and cooled, transfer the whole bunch to a large, shallow container. Pour a quarter to half bottle of Garlic Expressions Vinaigrette over top and toss. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours to overnight, turning once or twice. To serve, remove veggies to a large serving platter with a slotted spoon, arranging each variety together in bunches.