Here’s a fresh and tasty salsa that is perfect to top grilled salmon, trout, or a mild fish like tilapia. It's also great with grilled shrimp in fresh seafood tacos.
- 1 cucumber peeled, seeded, and finely diced
- ½ cup (about ½ bunch) finely chopped fresh cilantro or Italian parsley
- 2 - 3 green onions, finely sliced
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and finely diced
- 1 lemon peeled, sectioned and chopped (try to slice away any membrane)
- 1 Jalapeño, white membrane removed (contains bitterness & heat), minced
- 1 Tbsp Wildly Delicious Lemon Infused Oil or olive oil and squeeze of lemon juice
- ⅛ tsp soy sauce
- ⅛ tsp fish sauce
- salt to taste
It’s important to seed the cucumber and tomato so that the salsa isn’t too watery. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and refrigerate until ready to serve, up to several hours. For this recipe, it’s best to use the salsa the same day while it still has lots of colour and crunch. Use leftover salsa in a fish taco the next day.