This is a rich, elegant dish that is surprisingly quick and easy to prepare.
Serves 2 - 3 as an entree or 4 - 6 alongside beef or pork tenderloin.
- 2 links mild Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups mixed wild mushrooms, cleaned and chopped or sliced appropriately
- ¼ cup of Brickstone Garlic & Cracked Pepper Steak Sauce
- ¼ cup creamy Gorgonzola blue cheese, crumbled
- ¼ cup heavy cream or sour cream
- salt & pepper to taste
- 8 oz (225 gr) pappardelle
- scant bit of oil to toss with pasta
- fresh parsley, julienne red bell pepper, or cranberries for garnish
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta until al dente. Drain when done and toss with oil.
Meanwhile, brown the sausage in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, breaking it up as it cooks. When browned, remove to a plate and drain off all but a tablespoon of the fat. Add the tablespoon of butter, reduce heat to medium, and sauté the garlic for one minute. Add the mushrooms to the pan and continue to sauté for 3 to 5 minutes. Return the sausage to the pan. Stir in garlic & pepper steak sauce, cheese, cream or sour cream and heat to warm through. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Toss the pasta in the pan with the sauce and transfer to serving plates or a platter. Garnish and serve.
Pair with Chardonnay.