Fragrant with herbs and a touch of spice, this is a great to share anytime of year.
- ⅓ cup finely chopped leeks
- ¼ cup finely chopped celery
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp butter + 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp Summer Kitchen Gone Fishing Spice Rub
- ¼ cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 lb (454 gr) mussels, cleaned, debearded and washed
- salt and pepper, to taste
In a large skillet or wok, heat 2 Tbsp butter. Cook leeks, celery, shallot, and garlic until soft, about 5 minutes. Add Gone Fishing Spice Rub and cook until fragrant. Add mussels and stir well. Pour in wine and cover to cook for 5 - 7 minutes, shaking pan occasionally. Remove the pan from the heat and with a slotted spoon remove all the mussels from the broth to a serving bowl or or individual dishes. Spoon as much broth over top as you like.
Serve with crusty rolls or baguette slices.
Serves 4 as a first course or 2 as a main course.
Pair with a Belgian Ale.