Serves 8 - 10. Great for a large crowd or buffet.
- 5 lbs (2.3 kg) potatoes peeled and quartered
- 2 Tbsp Garlic Mashed Potato Seasoning
- ½ stick (¼ cup/57gr) butter, melted
- 1 cup whole milk
- ½ tsp white pepper
- 3 cups sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 cups of any combination of the following: steamed broccoli florets, sweet peas, chopped roasted or sauteed red bell peppers, corn, sliced green onions, cubed ham, crumbled bacon, cooked sausage
- 2 oz (59ml) butter, melted
- 1 cup seasoned Italian bread crumbs
- ½ tsp Garlic Mashed Potato Seasoning
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
Cook potatoes in salted water until tender. Preheat oven to 350°F/176°C.
Melt butter and mix in Potato Seasoning, keeping it warm. Strain potatoes and transfer back into the pot. Add Potato Seasoning/butter mixture, milk, and white pepper; mash, leaving some potatoes in chunks.
In a 12 x 9 inch casserole dish, spread half the potato mixture on the bottom. Sprinkle with cheese, and then a layer of vegetable and/or meat. Spread the final half of the potato mixture to cover. Stir together melted butter, bread crumbs and Potato Seasoning; pour over top of potato dish. Sprinkle with parsley.
Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 15 minutes, then remove foil and bake another 10 minutes.
Prepare the dish ahead and keep covered in the fridge for up to a day; allow to come to room temperature before proceeding to the baking stage.
More recipes from The Garlic Box, makers of field to fork gourmet products featuring Ontario grown garlic