This is a perfect brunch dish!
- 4 medium sized red skin new potatoes, cooked and sliced ¼” (½ cm) thick
- 8 large eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp dill mustard (Willamette, Inglehoffer, Perth Pepper)
- dash of salt
- dash of white pepper
- 1 Tbsp sour cream
- 8 oz (226gr) dill Havarti cheese, grated
- ¼ lb (113gr) hard smoked salmon, flaked
- non-stick cooking spray
- skillet with an oven proof handle
Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C. Spray skillet with non-stick spray.
Whisk together beaten eggs, mustard, sour cream, heavy cream, salt & pepper. Arrange sliced potatoes in the skillet. Layer flaked salmon over top and then grated cheese. Place the skillet on the stove over medium heat. Pour egg mixture over top. Lift the edges with a spatula and tilt skillet slightly to allow uncooked eggs to flow to the bottom. When the frittata is partially cooked, transfer to the oven.
Bake 10-14 minutes or until puffed and set in the centre. Remove from oven and let rest for a couple of minutes to finish setting. Cut into wedges and serve.
Pair with a crisp dry white like Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Gris.