We use a vinaigrette that contains apple cider vinegar in this salad because it adds the perfect amount of sweet-tartness.
- ¾ lb (340gr) green beans, preferred (You can substitute 1½ cups of frozen cut green beans, thawed or 1 can cut green beans, drained & rinsed)
- ½ sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 can chick peas (garbanzo beans), drained & rinsed
- 1 can red kidney beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 can yellow wax beans, drained & rinsed
- ½ cup Garlic Expressions Vinaigrette or The Garlic Box Apple Cider Vinaigrette
Blanch the green beans very quickly in boiling water until their colour is bright green. Transfer to an ice bath to halt the cooking. Drain and cut into 2-inch long pieces. Transfer to a salad bowl and add all the other ingredients. Chill for a half hour minimum. Toss before serving. This salad keeps very well for several days.