Serves 4 - 6 alongside a salad, sandwich, or wrap.
- 4 cups water
- 1 cube chicken bouillon or 1 tsp Better than Bouillon chicken
- 2 cups diced, cooked chicken (about 2 breast halves)
- 1 cup salsa verde
- 1 can (540ml/19 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (341ml) corn, drained
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh parsley or cilantro
- salt to taste
- optional garnishes: sour cream, guacamole, or tortilla strips, crisped in a pan
Heat the water and bouillon cube in a soup pot over medium-high heat, stirring until the bouillon is dissolved. Add the chicken and salsa and heat for 5 mins. Reduce heat to medium and add black beans and corn. Simmer for 10 mins. Stir in the parsley or cilantro and season with salt if necessary. Pour into individual bowls and garnish each with a dollop of sour cream or guacamole and a few crisped tortilla strips. Serve and enjoy!
It reheats well the next day, although the parsley or cilantro will lose colour.