Bone Suckin’ sauce is a sweet and tangy rib sauce with a hundred and one uses. Pork loin is perfect for easy & healthy cooking. Try this for weeknight dinner and even the kids will love it!
Serves 4 - 6
- 1 pork tenderloin, 2-3 lbs (1-1.4 kg)
- ½ cup Bone Suckin' Rib Rub or your favourite BBQ rub
- 1 cup Bone Suckin’ Sauce, regular or hot
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 pears, peeled, cored & sliced
- 1 apple, peeled, cored & chopped into large chunks
- 1 - 2 Tbsp Hiccuppin’ Hot Sauce, optional
- 1½ cups white or brown rice
Coat the pork loin evenly on all sides with rub. Place in a crock pot, sprinkling it with any of the rub that remains. Arrange onions, pears, and apples on the top and sides of the pork. Pour the Bone Suckin’ sauce over top. Cover and cook for approximately 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low until the meat is tender but not falling apart. Add Hiccuppin’ Hot sauce to spice it up at the end, if desired.
Cook rice according to package directions. While it cooks, remove pork loin from crock pot and allow to rest on a plate, tented with foil. Slice into medallions and arrange on a bed of rice. Spoon onions, pears, and apples from the pot around the loin on the rice. Pour remaining sauce over everything and serve!
Serve with fresh steamed green beans, sugar snap peas, carrots, or broccoli.
Add a spring mix or spinach salad with a light and fruity vinaigrette if feeding a larger crowd.
Pair with a Riesling or hard cider