This recipe comes by way of one of our customers, Lorraine. It makes a tasty and filling meal for two or accompanying side dish for four. You could easily double the recipe and serve it at a buffet.
- 2 - 3 oz uncooked linguine or spaghettini
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- ½ lb (225gr) cooked, peeled shrimp
- 1 - 1½ cups thinly sliced Boston Bib or Romaine lettuce
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice, about one lime
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Tbsp sliced green onion
- 2 Tbsp fish sauce
- 2½ tsp sugar
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp grated fresh peeled ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup chopped dry roasted peanuts
Cook the pasta noodles and carrots in plenty of salted boiling water until done. Drain and rinse well with cold water to cool. Set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together the sauce ingredients. Add the shrimp and lettuce. Pour over noodles and carrots and toss well. Serve and enjoy!
You could substitute cooked chicken breast for the shrimp or even use a combination. Tofu would also work well with this dish. Keep your cool! Don’t leave cold dishes out at room temperature for more than two hours.
Pair with Sauvignon Blanc or a crisp Pinot Gris.
adapted from Weight Watchers