This make ahead breakfast casserole is perfect for a crowd. Prepare the night before and cook in the morning.
Serves 6 - 8
- 1 lb (454gr) package shredded hash brown potatoes
- 8 eggs, scrambled
- ⅓ cup diced red and green bell peppers
- 2½ cups shredded cheddar or jack cheese
- ¼ cup (2 oz/60ml) Cholula hot sauce (Original, Chipotle, or Chili Garlic), about ¼ regular bottle
- 4 cups heavy 35% cream
- 1 lb (454gr) cooked ham, diced into 1 inch cubes
Grease a large casserole dish (10 x 12 inch).
Spread the hash browns evenly on the bottom of the casserole and then the scrambled eggs. Top with half each of the cheese, peppers, and ham. Drizzle the Cholula over top and then pour the cream over top, as well. Sprinkle the second half of the cheese, peppers, and ham on top. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Take the casserole out of the fridge and place on the counter while you preheat the oven or barbecue to 350°F/175°C. Bake the casserole uncovered for 40 minutes, or until the top is bubbling and golden. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.