Great for a summer evening, luncheon, or picnic.
Serves 3-4 as a first course or 2-3 as a main course with herb biscuits.
- 1 medium sized sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp lemon infused oil such as Wildly Delicious Meyer Lemon Oil
- 2 Tbsp lemon-dill dip mix
- Juice of one lemon
- 2 large cucumbers
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ tsp green (Jalapeño) hot sauce, or to taste
- ½ Tbsp dill
- salt, to taste
- fresh chives, finely sliced, for garnish
Sauté onions and a pinch of salt in grapeseed oil until softened. Stir in dip mix seasoning and deglaze pan with half of the lemon juice. Spread out into a wide bowl or container and place in the the freezer to chill quickly.
While the onions are chilling, peel and chop the cucumbers and place in a blender with the remaining lemon juice. Puree. Add chilled onion mixture and continue to puree. Blend in sour cream, hot sauce, and dill. Season to taste with salt.
Serve immediately garnished with chives or keep in the fridge for up to a day.
Pair with a pinot grigio or Oak Heights Sauvignon Blanc.