You can prepare the buttercup squash in the oven or microwave, and even complete the first step a day ahead!
- 1 buttercup squash (substituting acorn squash will make the dish too mushy)
- ½ jar Perth Pepper & Pestle Spicy Bombay Pepper Jelly
- ½ cup butter (1 stick/114gr), cut into pieces
- ½ to 1 cup frozen cranberries, thawed and cut in half
- salt & pepper, to taste
- chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C.
Wash the squash and cut in half. Scoop out the seeds. Bake for about 30 mins or microwave on high for about 6 mins, until just tender but not overcooked. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely. You can do this a day ahead, if desired.
Scoop the flesh from the squash, leaving it chunky but don't mash. Place the squash in an oven safe casserole dish or microwave safe dish. Top evenly with the pepper jelly, then the butter and cranberries. Bake in the oven or microwave on medium-high until the squash is heated through. Remove from oven and gently mix. Season to taste with salt & pepper. Spinkle with parsley.
Serve as a vegetable side dish or use as a chunky topping for crostini.