Here is a perfect salad to accompany your favourite barbecued meats.
- 1½ lbs (680gr) Yukon gold potatoes, peeled & cut into bite-sized cubes
- pinch salt
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- ¼ cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 hard boiled egg, chopped
- 3 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- optional garnish: smoked paprika and sliced green onion or chopped parsley
For the dressing:
- ¾ cup sour cream
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp chipotle hot sauce
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp minced garlic
Bring a large pot of water to a boil; add salt and potatoes. Cook until just done, about 12 to 15 mins. Drain and cool.
Meanwhile, whisk together the dressing ingredients.
In a large bowl, toss the cooled potatoes with the celery, onion, egg, and bacon. Pour the dressing over top and toss gently to evenly coat. Season with additional salt, if necessary. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Garnish with a dusting of smoked paprika and green onion or parsley, if desired.
Enjoy, and remember to always keep your cool. Don’t let cold foods stand at room temperature for more than two hours.