These are easy to prepare and taste awesome! Use them like a version of caramelized onions.
- 4 - 6 medium onions, peeled and sliced ¼ - ½ inch thick
- 3 - 4 Tbsp butter
- ½ - 1 cup House of Q Apple Butter BBQ Sauce
Sauté the sliced onions in butter until soft, but not browned, for about 20 minutes. Add the Apple Butter BBQ Sauce and simmer uncovered for another 15 - 20 minutes. The mixture will thicken as it simmers.
Use right away, or cool and keep in the fridge up to four days.
- on a burger, steak, or pork chop
- alongside roast turkey or pork loin
- as an appetizer with crackers and chevre, old sharp cheddar, or cream cheese
- in any recipe that calls for caramelized onions
Check out more recipes from House of Q