This is a variation on the classic muffuletta sandwich. It makes a great picnic sandwich and is tastiest if you make it in the morning and eat it in the afternoon. You can even make it the day before!
- 1 large round Italian loaf
- 6 oz (170gr) thinly sliced deli ham
- 6 oz (170gr) thinly sliced deli smoked turkey
- 6 oz (170gr) thinly sliced salami (your favourite kind, mild or spicy)
- 8 oz (225gr) roasted red pepper, patted dry
- 6 oz (170gr) sliced provolone
- 7 oz (200ml) basil pesto
Slice the round loaf in half to form a top and bottom. Scoop out a little of the centre to make room for the filling. Spread half the pesto evenly around the bottom. Layer ham, turkey, salami, roasted red pepper, and provolone over the bottom. Spread the remaining pesto on the inside of the top of the loaf. Wrap the entire sandwich tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours to overnight.
Remove from plastic wrap and cut into four wedges. Enjoy!
Check out the recipe for the Classic Muffuletta Sandwich